Question

Shipment package order line including direct delivery parts

• 30 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Everybody

Does someone have an idea, why they are a limitation in the shipment functionality for packages order line including parts with direct delivery (The customer order line is not available in the shipments tab "Available source lines"). And how can i explain that to my customer.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Laurent

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @KarLaureB,

If I understand your question, I believe you are asking about Customer Order Lines with a Supply Code of ‘Purch Ord Dir’.  

When I’ve been asked this by customers, I advise them that the Shipment module is intended for Shipments that are leaving your own facility. 

Practically, most businesses I’ve worked with have a different process flow on how to complete the direct delivery (i.e. Register Direct Delivery).  Sometimes, I see an AP individual register direct delivery upon receipt of a Supplier Invoices, other times I see an administrative individual handle this task or others have automated it.  Rarely do I hear about the same warehouse personnel who may have shipped the product on a Shipment handled the direct delivery registration.  

Hopefully this helps in some fashion.  

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi IFS Community Team,

I agree with you that shipment considere only material leaving my own facility. But my problem is, if y have in a “Package Part” 2 components, one with Direct Delivery) and the second one picking in my own inventory. I’m not able to create a shipment for the part issuing fron my own inventory..

I Hope it’s more clear for you

Regards 

Laurent

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @KarLaureB,

I see what you mean now.  Yes, that is a limitation as far as I know.

As a workaround in the past, you can create a CO with a Package Structure and leave both lines as Supply Code ‘Invent’.  Release the CO then go back and change the Supply Code of the 2nd line to ‘Purch Ord Dir’.  Naturally, this only works if your Shipment Creation is set to Create at Order Release.  This method, while clunky allows you to circumvent the issue.

Alternatively, you could create some kind of customization to allow both lines to be entered as two separate customer order lines but suppress one of them to not print on external paperwork.