Question

Sales Quotation Expiry Date

• 26 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

In Apps10, can the Sales Quotation Expiry Date be set to a specific number of days from Quote dateusing standard IFS functionality? Or does this have to be a custom event ?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi CooAlastL, No, it's not possible to set the expiration date automatically, unless you set it via a custom event.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Many thanks for the quick reply Sameera, which confirms what I expected.

Disappointing that this isn’t a standard feature in IFS given how important quote validity date can be to businesses, especially when prices are volatile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@CooAlastL another idea, you could define a lobby element showing SQs that are, let’s say, expiring within a week or a specific no of days. Then you can easily monitor them on a daily basis

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks for this. Agreed this would be a useful lobby element, however I need an expiration date on e-mailed/printed quotes so that it is clear to the customer when the quote is valid until. I know I could look at standard quote document text stating “Quote valid for 30 days from Quotation Date”, however the field designed to hold this expiry date would still be blank in the Quote header.