Question

Sales Quotation Date on Email

• 15 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi All

There is some quite strange functionality in IFS Sales Quotations where the Quotation Date is only populated when you Release a quotation AND Print it (to screen or printer).

It is very strange that it doesn’t have the same functionality when you Email it (without print previewing).

Is this the same for everyone else, or is it an issue/bug in our version (22.2.8)?

Thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@EILCTHOMPSON  I have just tested this in 23R1 SU4 and it’s the same behaviour. Quotation Date gets populated only when I print it. If I try to email it, Quotation Date will stay blank.

But could it be that just the label is wrong? Maybe it should read Printed Date? Anyways there’s a different field capturing the Quotation Creation Date.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

The creation date field isn’t a true reflection on the date the quote was submitted to a customer. For example, a Sales Agent might create the quote, then take 2-3 days building the quote. It is only at the point of RELEASE that the date should show as this is the date the quote is ready for the customer.