Solved

Return parts from internal order transit issue

• 26 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hello,

I want to reverse a distribution order from demand site back to supply site. I have cancelled the purchase order receipt in demand site so the distribution order has been changed to ‘In Transit’; and I also created a RMA for the customer order in supply site, but when I receive parts from the RMA with the function ‘Return Parts from Internal Order Transit’, I can’t click OK to complete it. Is there anything missed during my operation? Could you please give me a clue?

Many thanks.

icon

Best answer by Manoj Balasooriya 26 September 2021, 06:27

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi Eric,

You will only be able to use RMA to return parts when your purchase order has returned parts
back to transit. You have to return the Purchase Order receipt in the demand site instead of cancelling the receipt. When the purchase order receipt is cancelled that means your parts are still in transit waiting to be received at the demand site. It will not be possible to process the return through RMA unless the parts are first received at the ordering site, and thereafter returned to the supplier.

I think you can register the receipt again at the demand site and carry out the return function in the Receipt. Then you will be able to receive back to the supply site through the RMA.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Manoj Balasooriya , thank you very much. I can do the return now and the RMA has been returned. The distribution order has been changed to Arrived status,  how can I close it or I just leave it now? Thanks again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@Manoj Balasooriya , I closed the linked purchase order to close the distribution order, so all related orders have been closed now. Thanks for your support on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@eric.sun Great that you could close the orders now. Furthermore as I understand if you return for credit at the receipt, the distribution order will go to the "Closed" state. But, if the return has been done for rework, then the distribution order will get the "Arrived" state.