Question

Quotation date only populates after print preview

• 11 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

I am wondering if we are the only ones with this issue.

In order for the quotation date to populate on a sales quotation, we have to print preview the quotation, then close the preview, then email it via ifs.

The date does not populate if we simply email the quote.

This is a lot of unnecessary extra clicks for no reason.

Ifs Cloud 22.2.8

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi,

As far as I can see in the field description, this Quotation Date is only filled once the sales quotation has been printed after release:

Same thing referred in the page help:

If the quotation header has Released status when the printout is performed, the printed flag on the quotation will be checked and the quotation date will be stored.”

Then, this is behaving as per current design. This field is intended to be fetched when the quotation is printed.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

it is very strange logic.

Is there anything that can be done to get it to update the status and quotation date when it is EMAILED instead?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @EILCTHOMPSON  as stated by @Pilar Franco this field is populated after the first print of the report. I agree that it would be beneficial if the field was populated after the email process has been executed.

I would suggest a custom command to email the quotations, within the logic it would,

1. Release the Quotation
  2. Print the Quotation (this changing the required date)
  3. Emailing the Quotation

I would also suggest you create an idea.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @EILCTHOMPSON ,

I agree with @COVJAMIEB. Please, create a new Idea in IFS Community if you would like to ask for this enhancement request.

Regards,

Pilar

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @EILCTHOMPSON  as stated by @Pilar Franco this field is populated after the first print of the report. I agree that it would be beneficial if the field was populated after the email process has been executed.

I would suggest a custom command to email the quotations, within the logic it would,

1. Release the Quotation
  2. Print the Quotation (this changing the required date)
  3. Emailing the Quotation

I would also suggest you create an idea.

Is this something you can do in native IFS, or is this a modification/customisation?

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @EILCTHOMPSON it could be either but you’d get away with a customisation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@EILCTHOMPSON I would try to email the report at print command using a Report Rule. If this works, you dont need to do a customization. 
This means, the user would only print, which it will then send the email to expected recipients. Of course it will populate the subject field - Quotation Date.