Solved

Outlook Calendar Sync (RMPANL) no appointment in outlook

• 14 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Please help with Outlook Calendar Sync from Outlook to IFS.

We configured Outlook synchronization with IFS Cloud and it works in one way(IFS->Outlook), but it doesn’t work in other way (Outlook->IFS). See below:

Meeting in outlook
Meeting from outlook is in log but it is not in cloud pages: Business Acitivies and in My Calendar
In cloud page Business Acitivies I can’t see appointment from Outlook
In my calendar page I can not see appointment created in Outlook
I have only 2 errors in Log
In Log we can see sync debug of meeting “Test” created in IFS
​​​​​

We done everything as described  in documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/040_tailoring/300_extensibility/600_integration/rmpanl/outlookcalendarsynchronizer/

We enabled debug messages on the Calendar Sync configuration page

We restarted the rmpanel container.

IFS Cloud Web version: 22.2.7.20230331080827.0

icon

Best answer by Masheesh 14 August 2023, 12:20

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI @bartlomiej.pobocha ,

If I get it correctly ,  you mentioned IFS => Outlook works. So basically you can see appointments in Microsoft Outlook. (Hope you have used “Sync to Outlook” command in Business Activity page in order to do this).

Business Calendar page in IFS cloud web won’t show outlook appointments. So you have to compare with Microsoft outlook. It will show directly Business Activities records. therefore you cannot say those are synced to outlook by looking at the calendar page of IFS cloud web.

Regarding Outlook => IFS,

Did you use “Create Sync Activity”  via CRM Panel in outlook appointment? It is important to use “Create Sync Activity” first from CRM Panel. This will make sure to create a Business Activity in IFS Cloud web and also create a link between outlook appointment.

After wards when ever you do updates to outlook appointment, it will be synced back to ifs cloud.

Check this video for more info,

Best regards,

Masheesh