Solved

New business opportunity can't be created in Outlook panel

• 11 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello.  On  Outlook panel in IFS Cloud 21R1, I can not add new business opportunity for my contact - no add icon is visible.
New activity can be created for the same contact.  How can I configure to enable to add new business opportunity?

icon

Best answer by Annjse 11 October 2021, 08:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Kiyoshi ,

What can you see, if you click on the below + mark highlighted? Please share a screen shot.

Can your user add Opportunities from Aurena client?

If your user cannot add Opportunities from Aurena too, please check whether your user is restricted in Inserting Opportunities from CRM Access levels.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I assume this is in "compose mode" i.e. when you create a new mail and open the CRM-panel from that mail. The Create Opportunity command was actually intentionally hidden in "compose mode". The reason for that is that we cannot connect the mail to the opportunity when it is created from a new mail. We can only create or connect an existing mail in the user's mailbox, not a new/not sent message. 

Therefore we decided to disable the Create Opportunity command from this view. Same behavior was applied for Create Activity. However, that was changed later upon request. I.e. the Create Activity command is available also in new mode but the mail will not be attached. In IFS Cloud 21R2 and Apps10 UPD13 we changed this also for Create Opportunity.

Regards,

Anna

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you very much!!
I confirm I am enable to add business opportunity from CRM panel to the sent mail (history)

I am not able to add business opportunity from the existing appointment in calendar.  This is also how it it is designed intentionally?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I don’t remember exactly but I can see that the create opportunity command is available even from appointments in cloud 21R2 and later versions of APPS10 so I think that we changed that at the same as for the “compose mail mode”.