Question

Map Different Accounts to one manfacture Part under Posting Control 'M1'

• 17 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

HI Team,

Could you please guide me is there any way.Can we define two different GL account to one manufacture part under posting control M1.

Ideally this is scenario will arise when business want to buy to manufacture part in the market rather than manufacture on their own.

We are thinking to use Control Types C32 -Accounting Group &  C46- Location Type, but the problem is  Location Type ‘Picking’ is available in all the places like during arrival, shop order etc.

Regards,

TecAlages

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

If I understood correctly you would the need two different inventory parts. One with part type ‘manufactured’ with relevant accounting group. Then the other part would have part type ‘purchased’ with different accounting group. Then you could use C32 to separate them into different accounts. 

If you want them to have the same accounting group you could then use the same accounting group on them but have a specification control type for example on Commodity group 1 or 2 to separate the parts by manufactured and purchased parts. 

Or is it a must that they would be under the same inventory part?

Badge +4

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for your response. Here they will not create two different inventory parts.There will be one inventory  part with part type(Manufacture).Dependent upon business decision some time they will purchase the inventory part or they will make the inventory part.

At the time of Purchase it should goes to ‘Raw Material’ inventory account.

At the time of Shop Order receipt it should goes to ‘ Finished Good’ inventory account.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I found one way to do this after testing. As you mentioned the location type is no good here. However, you are able to define a location group of your own choosing. So to do this posting you could have a unique inventory location with a unique location group for the part that are being purchased. 

In order for this to work, the one who is receiving the parts/registering arrivals must receive the parts into the inventory location with the correct location group connection in order for the posting to trigger. The location group is controlled with control type C83.

Might not be the most convenient way but gets the job done.