Question

link Pipedrive to IFS' CRM functionality?

• 1 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I would like to make a proof of principle of integrating pipedrive and IFS’ CRM functionality together.

Pipedrive would be used for filtering and following up the initial sales qualified leads
and then after these reach “a certain stage”
these would be transferred to IFS’ CRM
after a deal is won or lost, pipedrive would be “informed”

so Pipedrive is a black box for IFS regarding where the sales qualified leads (SQL) come from
and IFS is a black box for Pipedrive regarding what happens between becoming a SQL and a deal

Is this a viable idea?
What would be the best way to do this?

What would be an alternative set-up?
The main goal would be to NOT have two parallel systems, where data has to be entered twice, separately. 

note: I found a similar/related topic here:
https://community.ifs.com/selling-all-about-engaging-with-your-customers-39/is-possible-to-integrate-ifs-erp-application-with-the-salesforce-crm-702

3 replies

*kick*
anybody?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi EqAbAl

I would recommend you look into RESTful API calls as the way to achieve this.  It is easy to create post and get commands that speak to IFS Applications from other systems.

Sending a Lead in one direction at a discrete moment is pretty simple, as is sending a “won or lost” notification in the opposite direction.

As #anmise points out in the other topic, the detail is in figuring out how you maintain data such as customers, prospects and contacts.  It’s probably best to define one system or the other as the master for e.g. contact data.  These updates can also be handled using REST apis.  You might want to look into using events (triggered by data updates) to send the API calls.

So it calls for quite a bit of design and implementation.

Badge +3

Hi EqAbAl,

We have built an integration between Salesforce and IFS using REST API’s and Azure Logic Apps/ Sevice Bus. We could use the same architecture/technology to build an integration between IFS and Pipedrive. We could use Dellboomi or our own platform to host the integration. Please message me if you would like to discuss further. 

Regards,

Namal