Question

Invoice Printing Order

• 5 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

When our users highlight a selection of customer invoice to print, they order the screen in customer no order, as this is the order they would like them to print.  When they print they do not print in this order.  This appears to have been working as required in IFS8 with no differences in setup between IFS8 and IFS10.

I have tried setting customer no in the order by field in the report definition, but this has had no effect (unless I am using this functionality incorrectly?).  Our invoice print layout is a crystal report and within crystal we have set the sort order of customer order.  None of these things have given us what we require.  It appears that the process of creating the invoice from the preliminary invoice sets the order and the result key and then the invoices are then printed in result key order.  

Is there a way to set invoices to print in customer number order?  

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Badge +15

Can you try to define a custom event to overtake the standard printing order to bypass result key order

Badge +3

Can you try to define a custom event to overtake the standard printing order to bypass result key order

I am not sure what action I could fire the custom event from here. If I use pdf created it would be too late as the invoice batch would already be instigated.  What would you suggest?  

Badge +2

Hi, has there been any solution to this as yet? We are stuck with the same issue. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Humm, wonder why the need to separately print the invoices. Are these sophisticated invoices that need to be reviewed before printing? Price review?   

Else, a common process is to create and print, all in one action.  In a test environment look at the batch create invoices where the order type does not stop - and require printing.   Many of my clients use this and we automatically email the invoices.  - This works best for higher volumes of invoices where we don’t need to review the invoice prior to printing.  

Best regards