Intersite transfert via distribution order - Capability check

• 9 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 10 replies

Hi, 
I tested some flows and dont really understand which time elements are taken into account for capability check requiring inter-site transfer via distribution order so that to supply the final customer.

Example below : 

Customer order for a final customer on site A for a part which is supplied from site B. 
The Site B purchases the part from an external supplier. 

If the part is not in stock in site B, i guess capability check for final customer order delivery should take into account : 

1) Customer order from site A to final customer lead time
2) Site A purchasing lead time from site B + site B purchasing lead time from external supplier. 

I did not manage to set-up this functionning in IFS and to see those elements in capability check critical path.

Thanks for your help. 

Baptiste. 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @BLGBE I think you are expecting Distribution Orders to work beyond its capabilities when you say ‘If the part is not in stock in site B, i guess capability check for final customer order delivery should take into account’

This is because, Distribution orders are used for moving inventory parts between sites.
The supply code is hard coded as 'Invent Order' and it basically expect goods to be ready at the supply side inventory

This is also stated in the documentation.

DOC: Note: the internal customer order lines are created with a supply code set to Inventory Order. The supply code will be set to Inventory Order regardless of how the sourcing option is set on the sales part.

Training Material: Released customer order lines are created on the supply site with a default supply code set to Inventory Order. The supply code will be set to Inventory Order regardless of how the sourcing option is set on the sales part.

All in all, given the fact that the Distribution Orders ‘expect goods to be ready at the supply side inventory’, they can’t take Site B purchasing lead time (from external supplier) in to account. This is the expected behavior in current core Solution (You should rather call it a Functional Limitation I must say)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @BLGBE I think you are expecting Distribution Orders to work beyond its capabilities when you say ‘If the part is not in stock in site B, i guess capability check for final customer order delivery should take into account’

This is because, Distribution orders are used for moving inventory parts between sites.
The supply code is hard coded as 'Invent Order' and it basically expect goods to be ready at the supply side inventory

This is also stated in the documentation.

DOC: Note: the internal customer order lines are created with a supply code set to Inventory Order. The supply code will be set to Inventory Order regardless of how the sourcing option is set on the sales part.

Training Material: Released customer order lines are created on the supply site with a default supply code set to Inventory Order. The supply code will be set to Inventory Order regardless of how the sourcing option is set on the sales part.

All in all, given the fact that the Distribution Orders ‘expect goods to be ready at the supply side inventory’, they can’t take Site B purchasing lead time (from external supplier) in to account. This is the expected behavior in current core Solution (You should rather call it a Functional Limitation I must say)

I’d like you to clarify what you wrote in response to this question.  Does the capability check at the demand site ALSO look at the capability of the customer order at the SUPPLY site?