Solved

Intercompanies RMA flow handling

• 29 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear community,

I need some help for RMA flow within 2 sites.

In Cloud version, our scenario is : 

• Company A - Site A - internal customer of site B
  • Company B - Site B (manufacturing site) - internal supplier of site A

Customer orders are released on site A generating automatically a PO for site B and so, a CO + SO on site B for site A. 

The site B can deliver the parts to site A (Int. Pur. Transit) or directly to the final customer (Int. Purc. Direct)

In case of parts to be returned (RMA) by the final customer, I would like to know how to handle this flow with end-to-end traceability ?

With the IFS previous version, we created a RMA on site A for the customer, then created an other RMA on site B for the customer Site A and the goods movement between companies was out of IFS (no shipment, no transaction).

I know that, on Cloud version, RMA on a site can generate a RMA on the other site but the 2 sites must be linked to the same company so, not possible in our scenario. So, need to be created RMA only manually ?

Then, how to send the parts from site A to site B ? I saw new different functionnalities like shipment order or transport delivery note but not able to operate them.

Hope someone will highlight me...

icon

Best answer by FNSMITHUN 30 March 2023, 11:33

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Carole ,

I can think of following options 

1. Reverse the inter site process where PO will be created in site A & CO in site B after doing RMA from external customer , so that you can return the part and balance the invoices which was originally generated
  2. You can transfer the part using transport task and do the necessary customer credit invoice and send it to demand site (B) to credit supplier invoice

You cant use shipment order as it wont support movement of goods between the companies 

hope this help!!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@EqeMithuV 

The second options sounds to be good but after checking, it requires to have the same part number on both sites...and unfortunately, this is not the case 😒

Regarding the 1st option, I have not really understood how to send the parts (through what transaction) from site A to site B. Is it possible to have a kind of  “shipment” ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Carole ,

You can create a purchase order in site A and for the internal supplier of site B. CO will be created in site B once you release & send PO ( Check incoming customer order). Then delivery the CO ( this is a standard process & you can use shipment) and send the dispatch advice. Receive part from the incoming dispatch advice and next create the customer invoice & send the invoice to site A , then the invoice will be available in external supplier invoice and you can match the invoice.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Carole ,

One more option would be as below

• create RMA for the external customer 
  • Go the purchase order receipt & register the inspection result
  • Here you need to choose return for credit
  • Create RMA for the internal customer order in site B 
  • Create the credit invoice & send 
  • Credit supplier invoice will be available in external supplier invoice & match with the return quantity 

Think this would be the easiest as you don't have to do any extra data setup

regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@EqeMithuV 

Thanks for your suggestion.

If I’m not mistaken, it is not possible with 22R2 to receive parts with return material authorization as source ref type. Correct ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Carole ,

Sorry I did not get you. I don't see any major changes to RMA in 22R2

Do you mean the option ‘’Receive Part Against Order Deliveries’’

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@EqeMithuV 

Apologies if I have misunderstood the second point you suggested :

• Go the purchase order receipt & register the inspection result

I thought you were speaking about the receipt of customer returned parts because I know that in 23R1,  we will be able to receive return goods from customer using general receipt process.

My blocking point is “how to send the parts from site A to site B” with a shipment, transport task or something like that in order to have traceability in the system and a delivery note

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Carole ,

what I meant is 

1. First create a RMA for the customer order through which you delivered the parts to external customer from site A
  2. Receive the part into inventory from RMA
  3. Now go to the purchase order receipt created for the internal supplier of site B
  4. enter the quantity to inspect in the header and register the inspection result where you need to choose the option Return to Credit ( By this way you will issue out the stock which you returned from RMA from site A)
  5. Go to the customer order created for the internal customer of site A and create RMA
  6. Receive the part into inventory from RMA
  7. Create the credit invoice and send it to site A
  8. Now you can see credit invoice sent appears in external supplier invoice and you can match this invoice with the retuned quantity which you did in step 4. 

As you don't have the same inventory part between 2 sites , transport task or move inventory option cant be used.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@EqeMithuV 

Ok, I got it and understood ! Now it is clear from my side and that remains for me to test.

Thanks for clarification and the time you spent on the topic.

Carole