Question

inter company order- change handling

• 31 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi

what is the standard IFS process for inter company purchase order change order handling

when enforcing use of purchase order change order mandatory for all the process.

when CO and PO both Released.

1. we want to modify price for the part number at source( demand ) customer order,  system will stop and ask us to create purchase order change order ( but we not want to modify Purchase order price, only we need to modify customer order line price.
  2. how to add new line in the same CO and PO

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @pramodka46,

Please find below answers to your queries,

1. This should be possible. I’ve tested this with my Data setup in our latest IFS Apps10 Reference database (Where I have an ordinary Inter-site Setup with no complications), and by default, I didn’t get any error when I change the External Customer Order Price though I use the ‘Enforce Use of Purchase Order Change Orders’ option at Demand end, so I wonder why your system asks you to create a POCO here. May I know in which UPD level you are in and whether you have a specific Data setup (Like using “Execute Order Change Online” option for your Sites)/customization around this area?
  1. As per the current design this can not be done. Each time you add a new CO line to the external CO a new internal PO and new internal CO will be created. New lines can not be added to the internal CO once it is created. But if you add the two lines to the external CO at the first place then only one internal PO and internal CO will be created with two lines. This is the standard functionality of the system as per the design. This was already identified as a valid Request for future enhancements and there is already an entry for this in one of the Product Development Request tracking systems.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, I have a question related to amounts mapping in the intercompany workflow.

I am using ORDERS message class to send PO from customer company to supplier company and CO gets created with all information in supplier company, except for the price field.

Also when i modify quantities in a PO change order, and send it to the supplier company, the quantities are modified but not the price, it is set to zero again even if in process i had manually added before change order.

Do you have any idea on how to first get the price mapping from CO to PO (i can see the amounts in the out and inbox connectivity message)

Thanks

Tanya

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MelTanyaS , That is the standard behavior. Even if you change the qty manually in the CO line, price will be replaced to the default price. 

Please use the price freeze option in the CO line, 

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you for your reply.

I don’t intend to change quantites on CO line, but on PO line in customer company, which is then sent through MHS to supplier company. The PO Change order will affect the quantity on the CO in the supplier company but the amounts coming from PO don’t get mapped on CO. 

IF i check the prize freeze option on CO line, the message class ORDERS/ ORDRCHG will have already been processed so i think it is too late to check it on CO line after its automatic creation in the supplier company. Is there any options according to you to get correct PO amounts sent by customer into CO in supplier company?

Thank you :)

Tanya

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@MelTanyaS I would like to know why you expect the same prices as the demand site PO in the supply site CO. I dont think it is common to have the same price in both sites all times. Qty expectations, yes. But the price I dont wish to be transferred like the qty. 

Supply site will be deciding their price in the CO. Not the price in the PO. 

However, I just tested the Price Freeze functionality, and it can keep the CO line price unchanged when the qty is updated. That is the right expectation as I believe price shouldnt be replaced, but to keep it unchanged. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@MelTanyaS also I suggest you to create new topics as new Questions :) because your question is not directly related to the above question, which can be misleading future readers of our posts.