Question

Incorrect amount in the credit invoices with discounts

• 24 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I’m working on an investigation related to the issue reported regarding the incorrect amount in the credit invoice.

When the customer order with a customer order line which has a discount, is released, invoice is getting created with the correct amount after the discount. But when the credit invoice is created for this customer invoice, it is noticed that the amount is shown without the discount.

During the investigation I couldn’t find any bug specific to this issue. But in the RnD environment it works without any issue. Anyone can suggest me how to proceed further?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nadarajah Dheynoshan you went through RMA to the Credit Invoice in IFS10 right? 

See the help text on RMA (snipped from F1 docs for RMA) 

RMA (and the Credit Invoice therefore) dosen’t handle discounts as it’s created only for the net amounts. If we think of a practical scenario, it dosen’t make sense to have discounts in credit. 

Hope this answers your question?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nadarajah Dheynoshan please let me know if my answer helped solve your question. If not, I’d be happy to explain further. If you agree with it, please mark as the correct answer, so that others on the community also can benefit :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @EnzoFerrari

But this works without any issue in the RnD environment. So I’ll investigate further and see.

Regards,

Dheynoshan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sure @Nadarajah Dheynoshan, please keep me posted on your investigation findings, a deviation from my conclusion will be a good learning point for myself. :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @EnzoFerrari, I’ll update you with the findings. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@EnzoFerrari, it was a bug in the application.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nadarajah Dheynoshan - sorry I am a bit confused. 

During the investigation I couldn’t find any bug specific to this issue. But in the RnD environment it works without any issue. Anyone can suggest me how to proceed further?

you mean the bug was in RnD environment or the other environment? Or can I take this as IFS has released a bug for future releases to handle discounts in credit invoices? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Nadarajah Dheynoshan , do you mind sharing the bug id please? Then we can also try to apply in IFS citing a change of functionality in IFS (if you meant my explanation is outdated with the new bug you mentioned) Thanks

Cheers

Enzo