Question

IFS, Representatives

• 8 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi my friends,

I have a question from Representatives tab in IFS, It’s not important which page is that, every pages representatives I mean, How can we add a unique person with a same name (e.g. PARHAS ) actually with two different roles? for receive more information please find the attached file.

I mean, I want to add PARHAS with two different roles, for example:

1. Sales Engineering- Sales Support
  2. Sales Engineering Project Control

How can I do this?!

I will be very happy if you help me

Wish the best

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have you tried adding a ‘.’ or a ‘2’ at the end of the ID?

Badge +3

If the ID is the same, it cannot be added more than once. Please check attached file.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey there

Actually right now I did it but isn’t solved my problem, as a matter of fact if I add a “.” or “2” right in front of ID, appears an error like the below attached file, I think you said that use 2 different ID for solving this problem, I don’t want to create new ID (Even with “.” or any other characters) that make a difference with 2 ID Which I can put 2 various role. I want add 2 different role for one person, e.g. Mr. James is a sales expert of the project as a salesman and Simultaneous he is a project controller of this business opportunity, How can I set these 2 role for Mr. James?

1. Mr. James --------------→ Sales Expert
  2. Mr. James --------------→ Project controller
Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Actually In my opinion this is an important problem because in some cases one person can handle many roles, in other words in some situations we assigned some roles to one person in these cases how can we solve this error in Representative?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I agree that it is a quandary when it comes to IFS limitations.   Is it possible to combine the titles and/or add a custom field to accomodate the second title?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If there isn’t any systematic way to solve this problem as you said we can create a common role description like this:

• Sales support expert and Project controller

and use it for Mr. James for example

Do you agree with me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If there isn’t any systematic way to solve this problem as you said we can create a common role description like this:

• Sales support expert and Project controller

and use it for Mr. James for example

Do you agree with me?

Yes, I would agree.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Thanks for your help and participate

Wish the best