Solved

How to ship free goods

• 14 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear all,

does anybody know how to ship free goods thru a customer order without generating an invoice?

We can of course block the invoice but the customer order will not be closed 😐

Thanks for your help 😀

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 14 October 2022, 10:57

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@RECOFR To get a better understanding of your requirement, may I know why your Customer does not accept a Zero valued Invoice (That is what happens when your set the Price to Zero)? In Standard IFS, A Customer Order will not reach ‘Invoiced/Closed’ state without creating an Invoice, unless your Customer is Defined as an Internal Customer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Kanishka,

thanks a lot for your very quick answer :)

As far as i know having a 0€ invoice is not illegal but it’s just useless.

In the system, it is possible to have customer order lines that generates no invoice when they are generared from work order, CRO,… in order to invoice the service but not the shipped part. The system then checks this box:

This means that the system already knows how not to invoice a customer order but I unfortunatelly couldn’t find any process to manually update it 😐

If you have an idea or any other work around that would be great 😉

KR

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@RECOFR Apparently, the use of this Charged Item check box is limited for Auto created Customer Orders (Especially when you think about the behavior when it is Not ticked). Apart from the flows you’ve mentioned, I’ve noticed that system set the Charged Item check box to False for the Customer Orders created in Purchase Component (Subcontracting) flow also, but it is of little help to your case, so I’m not going to discuss that in detail.

In other words, when it comes to a Manually created Customer Order, system always set it as a Charged item (Set Charged Item check box to True), so at the moment, you’ll have to go ahead with Zero Invoice approach as the workaround I’m afraid. However, I don’t see any Technical difficulty of allowing Un ticking of the Checkbox (Because, the way the System should behave is already defined for aforementioned flows), so I suggest we creating an Idea so that your request/requirement is considered when integrating a similar functionality on to coming ‘Core’ version of IFS Application.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks for your feedback Kanishka,

at least we are sure of what we can and what we can’t do

Thanks again