Question

Handling_Unit_For_Refresh_API.Refresh_Handl_Unit_Snapshots__

• 22 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

We have more than 9000 background jobs with this method every day.

Anyone know what’s the trigger of it and what this procedure does?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Please check the below answer in similar ticket of another customer.
Hope this information helps.

--------------

Subject background job created when any event that happens in the system which does any of these two things:

#1 Makes a change (positive or negative) of the Qty On Hand for an InventoryPartInStock record on which the Handling Unit ID is not equal to zero (meaning that the stock record is attached to a Handling Unit). It also includes creating completely new InventoryPart In Stock records.

#2 Changes the Parent Handling Unit ID of a Handling Unit

Purpose of the job,
Any Handling Unit ID that is affected by any of the two above mentioned events (stock qty change or parent HU change) it finds the top parent Handling Unit of the affected Handling Unit (meaning that if the affected HU is a small box inside a big box which is on a pallet we find the ID of the Pallet and continue to deal with the pallet). Using the top parent Handling Unit ID it finds all the stock records connected to any Handling Unit in that whole HU structure (pallet and all its children). Using those stock records it tries to find out if there exists any of the following objects that relates to any of these InventoryPartInStock records:

#1                        non-executed transport task lines
#2                        non-completed counting report lines
#3                        non-picked shipment pick list lines
#4                        non-picked shop order material pick list lines

For any Transport Task ID, Counting Report ID, Shipment Pick List number or Shop Order Material Pick List number that is found to relate to any of these InventoryPartInStock records the application will then initiate a Refresh of the Handling Unit Snapshot. This means that it will regenerate the data that you typically see on the “Aggregated” tab of for example the Transport Task and the Counting Report windows. This is done in order to continue to display correct information about which handling units that are to their whole content affected by the transport task, counting report or pick list. Based on those two events mentioned under question 1 it can happen that certain handling units should appear, or disappear, from this “Aggregated” tabs. It also impacts what would be printed on any of those two pick list reports.

This is not an optional thing that users can choose to run or not run. It is an essential part of the solution without which the application would display incorrect data on the “Aggregated” tabs, on the pick list printouts and on the following overview windows; “Handling Units on Transport Tasks”, “Handling Units in Shipment Inventory”. 

-  Chamath Kuruppuarachchi
-----------

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Kelum Pradeep Kumara 

I appreciate this is an old post, but we’re experiencing an issue where the “Aggregated” tab of customer order pick lists is sometimes empty. We don’t use handling units at all currently. I can’t see anything particularly out of the ordinary on the inventory part in stock records.

When this issue occurs, we’re unable to pick the picklist on a WaDaCo device, but we can do it in IFS EE without any issue. (I presume this is because WaDaCo uses the view shown in the aggregated tab).

Don’t suppose you have any idea what could be causing this to happen in the first place?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kelum Pradeep Kumara 

I appreciate this is an old post, but we’re experiencing an issue where the “Aggregated” tab of customer order pick lists is sometimes empty. We don’t use handling units at all currently. I can’t see anything particularly out of the ordinary on the inventory part in stock records.

When this issue occurs, we’re unable to pick the picklist on a WaDaCo device, but we can do it in IFS EE without any issue. (I presume this is because WaDaCo uses the view shown in the aggregated tab).

Don’t suppose you have any idea what could be causing this to happen in the first place?

So you are not using handling units at all? Are you starting the wadaco picking process by starting it with start picking process perhaps? If you are not using handling units, I would recommend to only run the Pick Part process in that case and don’t have it linked to Start Picking either, normally Pick Part process is not using the view from the aggregated tab.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Correct, we don’t use handling units at all currently.

We do in fact use the Start Picking process - for context, we’re also using Warehouse Tasks for customer order pick lists. That’s interesting though - I will suggest it to our consultant.

Do you have any idea why the handling unit snapshot record wouldn’t get created for a pick list line? In most cases, it seems to exist

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Ah ok, you could instead of jumping from start warehouse task to start picking, you could directly jump to pick part from start warehouse task, that is how it initially worked in apps9 before we had implemented handling units. In your case this would also avoid using the snapshot view for the pick part process at all and hopefully that pure pick part view is better from a performance perspective also.

I don’t remember all the in’s and out’s with the handling unit snapshots, but as I remember it will be refreshed a lot, even for non handling units pick list lines since they are also taking into consideration in that view.