Question

Forward Price Rise - Customer Agreement

• 13 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

We are using Customer Agreements to manage pricing. We have a pending price rise - but it is from Date of Invoice, not Date of Order Entry. The pricing logic is not pulling tihs though - when we enter a customer order line with a delivery/invoice date after the price increase date.  It does pull it though when we enter a Price Query.

Has anyone come across this before? Any work-arounds?

We are on Apps 9 - though if anyone has different experience in Apps10 or 21 would be interested, as it may influence out upgrade options.

Thanks,

Matthew

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Matthew , as per my knowledge, APP10 too has the same behavior. The “Valid From” date in a Customer Agreement price line is the date on which the price becomes valid for the sales part. So when you enter a CO line, a future price would not be fetched because it is not yet valid for the Sales Part. 

On the other hand, after confirming the CO, can we invoice customer to a higher price although the price increased in the meantime? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks - do you know if there are any plans to incorporate forward price rises into a future IFS release?

We are now reliant on our staff having to remember that the price needs to be increased manually depending on the despatch date. This will lead us into a lot of trouble!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Matthew I’m sorry I’m not sure about this. Someone from RnD should have this information. If I get to know any information regarding this, I will comment here.