• 5 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Customer Order -  Manual Blocking functionality -

Per IFS Help - 

Block Customer Order

Explanation

You can block an entire customer order by using Manually Block Order in the Operations menu. A requirement for this operation is that the customer order is not in the Invoiced/Closed state.

When an order has been blocked, it receives the status Blocked, and limited transactions can be performed.

The question is --- what are the “limited transactions”. In other words if we use the manual block function - what transactions are blocked and what are allowed?   

We could test, but looking for a definitive list - what transactions are blocked and what’s allowed. 

Many thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Asela Munasinghe 5 October 2021, 19:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Thomas Peterson here you go:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

My bad, I’m not seeing - reserve, create pick list, report picking, and deliver type transactions.  

I should have reviewed the PPT before noting best answer. 

Does the “manual blocking” block the important customer order steps? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

@Janet Bork  Do you know the answer,  I had accidentally marked this as solved.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Thomas Peterson , the order can be blocked at any point between ‘Planned’ to ‘Partially Delivered’. So obviously whatever the ‘next step’ after blocking is not allowed. That includes all the steps in the CO flow between those 2 statuses. After you’ve blocked with giving a blocking reason, ‘Handle blocked Customer Orders’ form can be used to proceed with the next step.