Question

CRM to Sales Contract to Project Flow

• 15 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

We are a project based company who utilizes sales contracts and projects in IFS heavily. Our projects deliver labor related services. We are now in the process of considering CRM functionality for potential customers and business opportunity management. In CRM, the flow is very smooth from business opportunity to sales quotation to customer orders. However since we are not dealing with sales parts but services, I’m wondering if IFS CRM has considered such business opportunities being converted to sales contracts etc. Is this a functionality that exists or considered for future development?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

Yes this functionality does already exist.

You can create a business opportunity with lines that do not have a sales part defined but rather a description. Once the header of the business opportunity is confirmed there is the ability to convert this to a sales contract. This will create sales contract items for each of the business opportunity lines, with the value being copied across as well as the description of the line etc. 

Hope this helps!

Tom

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@THSIGB , please see screenshot below. I have tried to create a Sales Contract from the line using the Non-Existing Part option, however it seems to be that I must connect the line to a Sales Quotation?

I would like to be able to create a Sales Contract that takes the values of the opp. line.

Please advice if you have a minute

Many thanks

Miguel