Question

CRM Panel/ Phone Number not appearing in the panel

• 17 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Phone No. for the below contact is not showing in the panel even though it exists in the Comm Method on Person screen -

Also note that even though the person record is Protected, it still has an address identity with work as the address type that is linked to the comm methods.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The phone no is not showing because the person record is protected. If a person record is marked as protected it means that the persons private address and communication methods are handled confidential so therefore they are not shown in the CRM-panel or in e.g. customer or contact pages.

Badge +4

Hi @Annjse Thanks for the response. It says under Help that “However, this check box is overruled when communication data is connected to an address with Work as the single address type.”

See the below screenshot where the contact meets the exception criteria but still, the phone number info is not visible on the CRM Panel and only the email address is visible in the panel -

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Priyanka.Massey ,

Protected option is mainly used in HR so I think that help text mainly refers to employees. I can see that phone numbers is hidden in Customer Contact page as well even if is linked to a work address so I don’t think it overrides the checkbox for contact persons.

Badge +4

@Annjse Is there any way we can show a person's work phone and work mobile number on the CRM panel in Outlook even when the “Protected” box is checked? 

We are trying to launch the panel for our Frontline Sales however they would like the panel to show phone numbers and mobile numbers for company employees in addition to the email address. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@Annjse - I have to disagree with you and say this is a bug.  Clearly - the user can see Work information for protected persons in standard IFS.  The intent of this HR flag is to insure that private information is protected but work contact information is available.  It is available in IEE.  It is not available in CRM and should be - matching IEE.  We will be logging this as a bug.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Priyanka.Massey @jhooperyan You are right. When I read your latest comments I realize that you want to show work contact details for a representative in the CRM-panel even if the person records is protected. That I agree should be possible if the comm method is linked to a work address. I thought you meant persons who are customer contacts and that is not the intention with the protected option for person. It would be better to log a support case so we can investigate this more in detail and provide a correction.