Skip to main content
Question

Contact Roles vs CRM Contact Roles?

• 18 July 2024
  • 2 replies

There seems to be two areas for basic data for Contact Roles within IFSCloud 23.1.11.

Relationship Management > Customer Relationship Management > Basic Data > CRM Contact Roles

and
Application Base Setup > Enterprise > Basic Data > Contact Roles

What is the purpose of the two datasets?

Within Customer Contacts, role can be selected and this considers Basic Data. Within Sales Quotation process role can be selected and this considers CRM Contact Roles. I’d expect both to consider the same dataset.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi @davidp ,

A CRM contact role defines the role of the contact person in relation to a specific business opportunity or business object. Examples for possible contact roles would be technical expert, sales administrator, budget approver, evaluator, decision maker etc.

On the other hand, I believe, a Contact role has a broader aspect, where it defines the role of the contact person in relation to a specific stakeholder of the company. Not only for Customer Contacts, but also for Supplier Contacts, roles are taken from Contact Roles.

Therefore, I believe that there are two datasets because CRM contact role & Contact role fulfill two different requirements.

Regards,
Kethaka

Badge +2

Hi @KethakaG,

Thank you for your reply which is very helpful.

I’m curious to know why within Customer Contacts, role is to be selected from the Contact Role (Basic Data) and not CRM Contact Role?

It is confusing for our commercial team as they are having to set data in both areas/datasets.

Regards,

David