Solved

Clean up of Customer Orders

• 21 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

Kindly let me know the purpose of following check box . To my knowldge Invoiced/Closed or Cancelled  can not have any reservations

BR

Champika

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 22 September 2021, 16:23

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @VanChampS ,

Cleanup of Customer Orders job defines as below in the standard functionality:

-Cleanup of Customer Orders job is used to remove obsolete customer order data from the database. It is possible to remove customer order header history, closed customer order lines, customer order line history, order line reservations, and customer order line delivery records.

-When removing line history of closed customer order lines, reservations and delivery records are also deleted. (This activity will also free-up space on the disks and enhance the performance of the system.)

-Further, ‘Reservations’ check box can be used if you want to delete Customer Order Reservation records for order lines that have been Invoiced/Closed.

Additional information:

-The Default feature allows you to use the default settings. Default settings are derived from the Database Tasks window in IFS Solution Manager, which is set by the administrator.

-You can either perform a cleanup of customer orders directly, or schedule the task as a background job.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I think these Checkboxes refer to SQL level data. To illustrate this, let me selected two of my old Customer Orders,

1. Order No K1000251 in Site KEMSS – Created Date 3/26/2020
  2. Order No K1000229 in Site KEMSS – Created Date 3/10/2020

Even though these are in ‘Invoiced/Closed’ state, I still have Reservation and Delivery Data saved in the Database,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I then Run the Sales\Order\Cleanup of Customer Orders job for my Site (Knowing Today is 9/22/2021 and both Orders should get deleted upon the completion of this Job), but with both Reservations and Deliveries Checkboxes Unticked,

As expected, two Order Histories got Deleted, but the Reservation and Delivery Data remains,

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Next, I run the job with both Reservations & Deliveries checkboxes Ticked, all Reservation and Delivery data got Deleted upon this run,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Kanishka,

Thank you very much. You have answered my question .

BR

Champika

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

m