Solved

Clean up MRP generated Purchaser Req

• 8 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi ,

What is the best way to clean up old MRP generated purchase req which is in “planned” state and we have not used from many years .

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Kanishka Dilana 14 March 2023, 14:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @pramodka46 Is it just one Purchase Requisition you have or Many. If it is just one/few., you can manually Delete the Lines and then the Headers. By the name sake, ‘Requisitions’ are sort of requests (compared to Orders), hence system allows deletion while in “Planned” state, so Deleting them is perfectly fine I should say.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Kanishka Dilana 

This is 1000+ PR Generated over the years and all are in planned state .

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @pramodka46, In that case, we better go for a solution similar to what we have for Shop Order Requisitions (see below),

I don’t think any (Or not many) of the existing IFS Customers see this (I.e. Mass deleting of Purchase Requisitions) as a valid business requirement, and that may be why there is no such option across all past IFS versions and remained unchanged even in Cloud.

So, I suggest you log this as a Support Case/an ‘Idea’ so that your (or your Customer’s) requirement/request is considered when implementing similar functionality in next Core version of IFS Applications (Or else, have this implemented as a Functional enhancement for an existing version). Once you do this, please let me know and I’ll also follow-up with it and give some backing from my end.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi @Kanishka Dilana 

This is 1000+ PR Generated over the years and all are in planned state .

Is MRP running on a schedule?

If these are being regenerated every time MRP is run, then there is some demand driving the requirement for the supply purchase requisitions. If you can remove the demand, then the next MRP run will not create new requisitions.

If MRP is not running and these are requisitions and lines with a date created in the past then they can simply be deleted per the message from @Kanishka Dilana  above.