Question

Changing sales part from Noninventory Sales Part to Sales Part

• 7 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi

Anyone know how we can change a Sales part from non-inventory to inventory? We want to use the same part number for the inventory sales part such that our sales personnel and customers don’t have to worry about it.

Br 

Kristian

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Once used as non-inventory on an order, it can’t be switched to inventory in that site and vice-versa.  If you haven’t used it as the one, you can delete the information as non-inventory and re-create as inventory.  That is usually a narrow window however that has to be caught pretty early.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I understand this is how the standard business logic works.

However, I don’t find this to make much sense since sales people and customers shouldn’t care about whether an item is inventory controlled or not.

I am looking for someone who has successfully implemented a change process for this (probably including a job, RMB or similar calling and UPDATE statement on SALES_PART_TAB).

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It can’t be converted, but there is the functionality - ‘the replacement part’ in Misc part info tab in non-inventory sales part if you want to make a connection between the non-inventory sales part and the new separately created inventory sales part.