Question

Business Representative

• 22 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi All, 

Does anyone know what the ‘Main Representative’ does in the Customer record in Cloud?

I was expecting this to become the default main rep in all leads/business opportunities/sales quotations/customer orders for this specific customer.

Instead, the default is always the person creating it and not the person set as Main Representative in the CRM Info of the customer. I am not sure what this does as it seems to have no impact whatsoever.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I too cannot find what Main Rep in Customer/CRM info would do so I don’t understand why anyone would fill it manually.

But, if you look at how this would be filled automatically, then it would make sense to keep this information as a reference. 

In IFS’s lead management, reps working on the lead are attached to the lead (in Involved Parties) with one main rep. After nurturing and qualification, when the lead is converted to become a prospect/customer, reps who were working on the lead would be transferred to this newly created prospect/customer. Main rep in the lead would be the main rep in the prospect/customer.

It could be used for reports and stats.

Hope this helps,