Question

Aurena: use HH:MM in 24-hour format (16:00h iso 04:00h PM)

• 20 July 2020
  • 6 replies

is it possible to set (as default for user, or all users) in Aurena,
to use “military time”, i.e.: 24-hour time-format

example:

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

EqAbAL,

It seems that you have regional setting to American notation (date is formated mm/dd/yyyy). I don’t see the option in Aurena, nor in Enterprise Explorer where to set this. However can you check your Windows Region Settings (mine are shown below):

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Since V8 I believe, all of the settings for calendar, time, currency, etc are controlled outside of IFS by the User Windows setting.  There is no way to force it from within IEE or Aurena.

this seems to support ShawnBerk’s reply:

There is no way to force it from within IEE or Aurena.

Is this a function(ality) that is foreseen to be available in the near future?

the AM/PM-notation is something that’s almost confusing to me to use, so I’d really like to have a choice for this added in Aurena’s Account Settings a.s.a.p.
(I may be a bit on the autistic side, I know)

atm the settings seem to be - let’s say - spartan:

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, as far as I know, IFS has no intention of changing this functionality.  That just isn’t the way that software works any more, they would spend all their time chasing or fixing things as Microsoft changes the way all this stuff works, so I understand they’ve abandoned that idea long ago and will just rely on the operating system to control the date/time format, currency, numeric, display, even language to an extent.  Essentially everything that is on this page, if it is here, then Windows controls it and neither IEE or Aurena will attempt to over-ride it.

Badge

I tried changing my Windows settings, but Aurena is still showing the same format from before. 

How long should it take before the formats in Aurena changes after you update your Windows Settings?