Question

Aurena: Attached List of a Projection should add primary key to a new entry

• 25 January 2021
  • 13 replies

Badge +4

Hi, so I am trying to configure a “fruit table” which gives indication, what kind of fruits a customer processes. I managed to create a custom logical unit and create a “list” element out of it. The list contains out of two custom fields, one sort of  fruit and the other one of the customer id (which acts as the primary key).

Also, I could install a master entity relationship to the customer crm projection, so that only the fruit are displayed, which have the matching customer id. However, when a new entry is done, the key must be primarily entered. Does Aurena support a function, that it automatically fetches the key mappings as IEE did it? I have not found this information in the technical documentation. 

Thanks in advance for any hints, maybe somebody can point out what I am missing.

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi, so I am trying to configure a “fruit table” which gives indication, what kind of fruits a customer processes. I managed to create a custom logical unit and create a “list” element out of it. The list contains out of two custom fields, one sort of  fruit and the other one of the customer id (which acts as the primary key).

Also, I could install a master entity relationship to the customer crm projection, so that only the fruit are displayed, which have the matching customer id. However, when a new entry is done, the key must be primarily entered. Does Aurena support a function, that it automatically fetches the key mappings as IEE did it? I have not found this information in the technical documentation. 

Thanks in advance for any hints, maybe somebody can point out what I am missing.

Have you setup ‘Entity Associations’ in your projection configuration? In the example below I have a configured entity that I have associated with a standard projection. I’ve associated Parent Keys with Chrild Entity Keys e.g. Contract = Site and Part No = Part No. 

Badge +4

Hi Anmise

That was swift, thanks for picking this up.

Yes, I did, as the following: 

I would have guessed, that this should do the trick, but it sadly doesn’t. It does sort the existing entries though, which is a good thing.

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise

That was swift, thanks for picking this up.

Yes, I did, as the following: 

I would have guessed, that this should do the trick, but it sadly doesn’t. It does sort the existing entries though, which is a good thing.

I just tried setting this up quickly. Seems to work if I set my Binding Property to Customer like below.

And now my customer is associated with bananas :) 

Badge +4

Nice one @anmise, I am glad that you are bananas. So we can maybe find out, what I did differently.

So, I would also expect it to work that way. How did you define your field “Customer ID”? Is it a persistent Custom field?

And which Update are you on? We are on UPD 9?

Userlevel 7

Nice one @anmise, I am glad that you are bananas. So we can maybe find out, what I did differently.

So, I would also expect it to work that way. How did you define your field “Customer ID”? Is it a persistent Custom field?

And which Update are you on? We are on UPD 9?

Yeah, persistent field. I’m on Upd10, but I don’t think there should be a difference (it has worked for me on Upd9 too). Is it still not working for you?

Badge +4

Unfortunatly no, I just double checked and you set everything up in the same way as I did. Also, this is according to how it is described in the manuals. 

However, something with this environment seems to be not working properly and I think I will proceed with opening a support case for this issue. Anyway, thanks a lot for checking it in your reference environment @anmise

Userlevel 7

Unfortunatly no, I just double checked and you set everything up in the same way as I did. Also, this is according to how it is described in the manuals. 

However, something with this environment seems to be not working properly and I think I will proceed with opening a support case for this issue. Anyway, thanks a lot for checking it in your reference environment @anmise

Can you try to clear the cache using the URL below (change the URL to match your environment)?

https://<server>:<port>/main/ifsapplications/web/server/clearmetadatacache?VALUE=CrmCustomer

Badge +4

I did execute the altered URL (It led me to the IFS landing page, does that mean it is executed successfully?)

Also I restarted and refreshed the page layout, but no change.

Do you know by any chance, what the “override” option means in the page designer?

Userlevel 7

I did execute the altered URL (It led me to the IFS landing page, does that mean it is executed successfully?)

Also I restarted and refreshed the page layout, but no change.

Do you know by any chance, what the “override” option means in the page designer?

Yeah, that sounds right. Not sure what ‘Override’ can do, it’s not enabled as far as I know. 
In the screenshot you posted the property value is still ‘Fruits’. Did you try changing it to Customer?

Badge +4

Maybe ithis s the issue. I thought that property is named as in the enitity association, and I sticked with “fruits” (The customer requested multiple custom tabs and I needed to be distinct). Did you name your association “Customer”? If this is a standard property, its not available to me:

Userlevel 7

Maybe ithis s the issue. I thought that property is named as in the enitity association, and I sticked with “fruits” (The customer requested multiple custom tabs and I needed to be distinct). Did you name your association “Customer”? If this is a standard property, its not available to me:

You're right, I did name it customer. I'm out of ideas unfortunately. It should work. Can you try to unpublish the Projection config and publish it again? Same with the config. 

Badge +4

Anyway, thanks for your responses it helped me to verify the setup is correct. Today I switched the layout from “list” to “table”. If I do that, it does set the primary key - for a millisecond. Then the key is cleared again. This should be an obvious bug to fix.

Have a great day!

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I had similar issues yesterday but this thread helped me a lot. Thanks guy!