Question

Ability to invoice based on the 'Actual Ship Date'.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi, we have a requirement from our Business to utilise the 'Actual Ship Date' as the price effective date on the invoice. From reviewing our options, we appear to have 3
1. Order Date
2. System Date
3. Delivery Date
We thought delivery date would work as per requirement above, however on testing this option it uses the 'Wanted Delivery Date' as the date for pricing and not the 'Actual Ship Date'.
Can you advise if there is an ability to invoice based on the 'Actual Ship Date'. Due to the soaring prices on the supply chain, it is critical for our Business that we can implement this pricing basis.
Please advise.

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi and thanks Anupa for bringing that question. I have the same business requirement and same result by using  option 3. delivery date. 

If there any job/process that can update the customer order prices effective date to be the actual ship date?

thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi, we have a requirement from our Business to utilise the 'Actual Ship Date' as the price effective date on the invoice. From reviewing our options, we appear to have 3
1. Order Date
2. System Date
3. Delivery Date
We thought delivery date would work as per requirement above, however on testing this option it uses the 'Wanted Delivery Date' as the date for pricing and not the 'Actual Ship Date'.
Can you advise if there is an ability to invoice based on the 'Actual Ship Date'. Due to the soaring prices on the supply chain, it is critical for our Business that we can implement this pricing basis.
Please advise.

Hi @Anupa Arachchige,

Which Pricing functionality are you using? (i.e. Price Lists, Customer Agreements, etc.)

Do you have another line in the Pricing functionality that is valid based on the later date (i.e. the Actual Ship Date)

Badge +3

1. Order Date
2. System Date
3. Delivery Date
Please advise.

@astfarazt  you seemed like you might have some insight….so let me ask about a similar issue for me :).  We want IFS to use Created date to support our policy: if you get your order in now, even if the delivery date is after a scheduled price increase, you will get the lower price (both Customer Agreement and Price List valid-from date).  I found that IFS can only populate the price on the item with what it ‘knows’ - ie what the price will be on the wanted delivery date. In the instance where I found this out, we were able to deliver product sooner than the customer wanted, but IFS used the ‘next-month’ price from initial entry...and now the customer wants a credit (no problem). For me, I want to ‘switch’ the price-fetching to utilize the order’s Creation Date instead of Wanted Delivery Date. @Anupa Arachchige mentions the 3 options above - where is that accessed/switched??

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Susan W. 

You can define the Pricing Method on the Site (Application Base Setup\Enterprise\Site\Site\Sales and Procurement\General).

Below are your options as well as the help text.

Based on your explanation, it seems like ‘Order Date’ will likely work best for you.  

Pricing Method:
The default price effective date for a customer order line. The possible values are:

System Date: Prices and discounts will be updated as soon as an order line is changed. The system will not display any price effective date on the customer order line when you have chosen this alternative.

Delivery Date: The customer's desired delivery date will be copied to the customer order line as the price effective date. It will be used when checking for valid campaigns, agreements or price lists. Changes in the desired delivery date after the initial entry of the order line entry will automatically update the price effective date, only if you select the Update Price Effective Date Automatically check box. If not you have to update the price effective date manually to match the desired delivery date. Once you select the Delivery Date as the pricing method, the Update Price Effective Date Automatically check box will get selected.

Order Date: The system will use the date when the order line was first created when checking for valid campaigns, agreements or price lists. This date will be entered as the price effective date on the customer order line and will be used in all date checks, unless manual changes are made.
If an order line is created from a quotation the price effective date from the quotation will override previous choices on site level. The price effective date from the quotation line should be copied into the customer order line, but it can of course be subject for manual changes.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Faraz

Badge +3

Absolutely exactly what I was looking for - thank you. We wrestled with changing our policy or doing manual overrides, etc., but the entry date option is what will work best for us - thanks again!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Absolutely exactly what I was looking for - thank you. We wrestled with changing our policy or doing manual overrides, etc., but the entry date option is what will work best for us - thanks again!

Glad it was helpful!  No problem!