Solved

Unmapped Mandatory Fields Found Error in Smart Data Manager

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello,

We are working on data migrations of a 21R2 customer using the smart data manager. We have first started working with CUSTOMER_INFO and CUSTOMER_INFO_OUR_ID which has a parent-child relationship, both objects are in scope and target definition tables are also created.

Our next step is to add the data in to the input container in "Mapping Legacy Tables To Migration Object” window. 
When we click on "Mapping Detail [Options]” > “Add into Input Container” we get the below error. 

We investigated and found out the issue is triggered by the primary key/s of CUSTOMER_INFO_OUR_ID.

Default values are empty. 

Please let us know what we are doing wrong here? 

icon

Best answer by StephanS 13 June 2022, 09:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi,

you have to enter/select the fields of the legacy file for the mapping here:

Prerequisite:

There must be a locked legacy file available here:

I’m not aware of your legacy files but you can have one with all informations (customer_id, name, country, language, company, our id) or 2 legacy files (1 with customer_id, name, country, language) and 1 with customer_id, company_id, our_id).

It would be interesting to see the header_lines of your legacy file(s), and the setup in the mapping. Can you provide some screenshots please?

/Jens

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Jens, 

Thanks for the response. 
We are actually using a test legacy file we created (we are still doing initial tests and trainings, not the actual migration) which does not have any data. 
We have defined a parent-child connection between CUSTOMER_INFO and CUSTOMER_INFO_OUR_ID as in below screenshot.

Shouldn't this automatically generate and map the primary key of CUSTOMER_INFO_OUR_ID with the primary key of CUSTOMER_INFO? 
Or is this something we cannot do in 21R2?  

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

In 22R1 we have the same result, no success on parent-child relations there either.
Is there any example, demo environment where we can check this functionality?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

No, the parent-child connection in the screen above has nothing to do with automatic mapping.

But to be honest it’s worth to think about this idea. But then this automatic mapping might be only available within one migration object. I’ll discuss this idea with the responsible persons in this area at IFS.

But have you ever tried the Smart Mapping functionality in the mapping screen ofs IFS SDM?

This functionality can reduce time to do the mapping.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

No, the parent-child connection in the screen above has nothing to do with automatic mapping.

But to be honest it’s worth to think about this idea. But then this automatic mapping might be only available within one migration object. I’ll discuss this idea with the responsible persons in this area at IFS.

But have you ever tried the Smart Mapping functionality in the mapping screen ofs IFS SDM?

This functionality can reduce time to do the mapping.

Hi @Jens,

Thanks for your input! But it's not about automatic mapping. Indeed the Smart Mapping feature helps out with the work on that one for sure ^^

But simply said, if we want to migrate in 1 Migration Object both customer_info and customer_info_address (we're using the template provided by IFS). Is it possible to populate both the customer_id by IFS automatically, thus:

• CUSTOMER_INFO.CUSTOMER_ID (this works already, it's populated on INSERT)
  • CUSTOMER_INFO_ADDRESS.CUSTOMER_ID (should be the same id as above, but I can't get it to work yet).

We get the error in the mapping screen, although in the Migration Object Definition the relation is defined:

Kind regards,
Stephan 

Badge

I’d like to see more information about work with Smart mapping. I also get the error when I try to populate a few positions.

Regards, Jane, marketing manager, Work Time

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

After discussion with IFS I learned that our request is not possible. Solution to be used is to use the ‘old id's’ from the legacy system and map them via a conversion list. For the number of customers in our project this is not a problem at all.

The Smart Data Manager isn't just a one-time migration tool, it's a data tool for the whole project. Therefore you need to know which records from the source are which records in the deployment, this is by key.

This thread can be closed in my opinion.