Migration modification CODE E VOUCHER

• 15 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

I have a tricky problem for you.

As part of a go live project with IFS APP10, we migrated the financial data, including the ledgers. We went through external assistant and everything went smoothly.

Later, the finance team realised that for many rows the E code was the wrong one. 

So we modified the E code using Excel Add-in with the GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW_UNION_QRY view.

This worked well, so the E code has been modified. 

In the view GL Voucher Rows Analysis, the CODE E is good. All the CODE E are ‘EXTERNE’

But when we look at the view GL Balance Analysis different results from 'EXTERNE' still exist. 

When We look at the SQL Query Tool :

It is therefore clear that the 'accounting balance' view has not been updated.

This table is used to summarise the balance. The balance has therefore not been updated.

So I tried to recreate an excel add in to update the values using the ‘ACCOUNTING_BALANCE’ view tu update the balance.

But when I want to execute the excel, an error message occurs :

Not allowed insert/update General Ledger Update related objects without acquiring lock for the company FR250-14 first.

I have no idea what this is about, or even how to resolve this error. 
I've also tried migration, using Insert/Update or Migrate From Table, and I still get the same message.

Either a solution needs to be found to update this table ACCOUNTING_BALANCE, or another way needs to be found to update the balance with the new E-Codes that already has been updated in the view GL Voucher Rows Analysis.

icon

Best answer by Jens 15 December 2023, 16:23

View original

2 replies

Badge +3

​​​

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @ksebf 

the GL (gen_led_voucher and gen_led_voucher_row) will be updated/filled when you use e.g. the functionality GL update.

Thats means that vouchers from voucher and voucher_row (so called hold table of GL) will be moved to gen_led_voucher and gen_led_voucher_row.

Additionaly the accounting_balance will be updated and also the codestring_comb where the field posting_combination_id have a connection to the posting_combination_id of gen_led_voucher_row and accounting_balance.

The issue right now is that probably the field posting_combination id in the gen_led_voucher_row has still the wrong value, the necessary records for the codestring_comb are missing and the accounting_balance doesn’t have the record with the new posting_combination_id.

This is nothing which you can repair with any IFS migration tool any more as you already recognized.

To repair this constellation in the database is very tricky if you don’t know what to do and I don’t recommend to do this please.

It shouldn’t be allowed to update values in the gen_led_voucher_row using any IFS migration tool.

So this is a bug and please create a ticket for that.

There are two possibilities now available:

1. Enter the previous wrong values (CODE_E) again and then we have the old situation again with the wrong code part E but the connections are correct. After that this voucher must be cancelled and created again with the right values.
  2. A data repair script is needed to correct gen_led_voucher_row, codestring_comb and accounting_balance

If your used voucher type MIG is also related to the IL (Internal Ledger) then this must also be done for some other tables.

/Jens