Question

Migration Jobs - Service Resource, Resource Connection and Employee Creation

• 13 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +12

Hello,

I’ve created a Migration job for importing new service resources in Cloud. By baseline, while creating a New Service Resource, it automatically creates a Maintenance Employee record and assigns it to the Service Resource created.

• But while creating a Migration job, the Maintenance Employee record is not created.
  • Also the Resource Connection with the Company and Site are not setup properly.

Below is the Method List used to create Service Resources and Connections. What could be the possible reasons? Any inputs would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Priyanka Cecilia V Does the migration job follow at least one of the methods? So if you set Execute Seq 20 from In Loop to No execution, is there a resource created?

Don't you have an error while trying to run the migration?

We, as readers, take it that you have prepared all the other parts needed to prepare service_resource_detail. Is that a correct assumption?

Badge +12

Hi @eqbstal,

Yes, if I pass a value manually in Resource_Seq attribute, I’m able to create a Resource through migration job. I don’t get any error in the Migration Job but I would like to understand if there is a way to fetch the sequence values automatically rather than hard coding in addition to the above 2 queries.

Since the connections are not added, a Service Resource record is created but not displayed in the screen I believe. Adding additional screenshots for your reference.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Priyanka - 

I’m not sure if this is still something that you are looking at, but if I understand your question relating to the sequence, you can add the NEXTVAL PLSQL method to the “SOURCE” column in your migration:

IFSAPP.RESOURCE_SEQ.NEXTVAL

Which will select the next value in the sequence and increment the sequence’s value. 

I don’t use the specific migration job that you are using, but a similar migration for RESOURCE_DETAIL looks like this: 

I hope that helps.

-jason

Badge +12

Hi @jbush0419,

Yes, we had issues earlier but figured it out later. Appreciate your response.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia