Question

Migration Job for a Customer Order that contains more than 100 lines

• 25 August 2023
  • 2 replies

• Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 0 replies

Hello everyone,

I have met one tough problem from time to time. I often need to upload Customers’ Purchase Order into IFS 10. Most formats of theses POs are PDF, and they contain less than 20 lines, in this case, I would upload them into IFS manually. But there are some POs in Excel format and contain more than 100 lines (we can see Sales Part Number, Quantity, Unit Price with Currency, Wanted Delivery Date, etc. In short, all the key information is provided) It may take me more than one hour to deal with it if I choose to set up it in IFS and this is what I did for a several times before. Time-consuming job!!!

So, does anyone here know how to do migration job for upload one PO of Excel format containing more than 100 lines one time? 

Also, does anyone here know how to create a lot of sales parts (usually more than 50) one time? All the sales parts belong to the same product family. A lot thanks.

Please share the method or guidance with me if you don’t mind, thanks a lot in advance.

Your answers will be appreciated, and your suggestions will be adopted.

Best Regards.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @Cloud 

Do check this answer .  The concept of data migration tool needs to be understood and applied. You can achieve all the above that you are asking . Parts migration, PO header and then Po Lines migration . 

However it needs the migration job to be customised to your excel data template ( or vice versa) .

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @Cloud,

You can use the standatd migration tool to create migration jobs for migration of Parts (Sales and if required Inventory), Customer Order Header and Lines - in that order. The number of migration jobs will vary on the expertise on the migration tool. The example shared in the linked conversation (for Purchase Order) is quite useful.

Alternatively, to reduce the manual effort of creating high volume Customer Orders you could also look at functionality using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Technology for Scanning Purchase Orders to create Customer Orders in IFS, introduced in Cloud 22R2 release.

Kind regards.