Question

IFS 7.5 SP6 is supported with 19c DB?

• 31 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi Team,

I am trying to upgrade our IFS 7.5 SP6 oracle DB from 11.2.0.3 to 19c. But I am not sure if it is supported. Can you please suggest if I can do upgrade by using export import of DB and then configure IFS 7.5 SP6 application on 19c DB will it work?

Does anyone done this.

Regards,

Ashish Dubey

3 replies

Badge +1

Hi Ashish,

Oracle 19C is not supported for IFS Applications 7.5 SP6. Attached supported platforms document.

Regards,

Adam

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@adubey I recall a few years back we also upgraded for IFS7.5 SP6 the DB to 12c. We needed to upgrade the Windows server hosting the DB and Oracle 12c was the minimum version accepted for windows server 2016. We did the DB upgrade even if IFS said 12c is not compatible since for us it was mandatory to upgrade the infrastructure to windows 2016. I remember the only thing that didn’t work properly were the Batch Queues + some entries in Application Monitoring, but we could fix that easily.

The system still runs till this day IFS 7.5 SP6 with Oracle 12c.

So, if you are constrained to upgrade the DB, you could give it a shot in DEV env and try to fix any issues that might come up. Rest assured that it will be risky! Or think about upgrading the 7.5 env to IFS Cloud 😁.

Thanks @adamporteous for your response and PDF file. I appreciate your help.

@Marcel.Ausan Thanks a lot for your response. We are at similar situation where we ran out of Linux OS support and 11i DB support as well. I am trying to upgrade the DB using export import. But after doing upgrade we are getting issue in IFS related to Batch Queues which stopped working after import is done.

I see you mentioned in you post that you had similar issue (Batch Queues + some entries in Application Monitoring, but we could fix that easily. ) Can you please suggest how did you fix this issue?