Solved

Excel Add In Search possibilities

• 2 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hey everybody,

I am facing a problem with Excel Add In in IFS Cloud. The search functionality has changed from Apps to Cloud. Eg “%” or “;” doesn´t work anymore (at least it seems). Is there any documentation about search possibilities that can be used?

Is there a possibility to use SQL statements in the search bars?

Thank you in advance,

Johannes

icon

Best answer by BeHo 11 January 2024, 12:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Johannes, we don’t have the possibility to use SQL statements in IFS cloud excel add-in. We can search by the text on each column. 

Badge +2

Hello Nirogini,

thank you yor your response. Is there a possibility to “connect” search requests?

Like PART_NO: part_no_A;part_no_B (2 different part numbers)

Or Like PART_NO: part_%_A (any part no starting with “part”, ending with “A”)

Best regards,

Johannes

Hello Johannes,

I have used Fiddler to inspect the https GET request.

The filter looks like:
&$filter=((startswith(tolower(PartNo),%27PartNoSearchEntry%27)))

in case of more columns:
$filter=(((startswith(tolower(PartNo),%27PartNoSearchEntry%27)))%20and%20(startswith(tolower(SerialNo),%27SerialNoSearchEntry%27))) 

Based on this information, the SearchEntry must start with exactly what you want to search for, ignoring upper and lower case letters.

BR Holger

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Johannes, you can search on the PART_NO field with ‘part’ that will result the parts starts with ‘part’ exactly same as LIKE in SQL 

Badge +2

Hello Johannes,

I have used Fiddler to inspect the https GET request.

The filter looks like:
&$filter=((startswith(tolower(PartNo),%27PartNoSearchEntry%27)))

in case of more columns:
$filter=(((startswith(tolower(PartNo),%27PartNoSearchEntry%27)))%20and%20(startswith(tolower(SerialNo),%27SerialNoSearchEntry%27))) 

Based on this information, the SearchEntry must start with exactly what you want to search for, ignoring upper and lower case letters.

BR Holger

Hello Holger,

many thanks for your answer. That helps a lot to understand the search functionality.

Best regards,

Johannes