Question

Data Migration SYNCDETAILS Rule

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Has anyone successfully used the SYNCDETAILS Rule in a Migration Job? 

I made the header fields in my file the same what shows in to “Column Name” in File Mapping but when I unpack the file I get Column “xxxx” does not exist.  

I am using a csv with double quotes as the Column Embrace and would expect this to apply to the headings as well. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Has anyone successfully used the SYNCDETAILS Rule in a Migration Job? 

I made the header fields in my file the same what shows in to “Column Name” in File Mapping but when I unpack the file I get Column “xxxx” does not exist.  

I am using a csv with double quotes as the Column Embrace and would expect this to apply to the headings as well. 

Hi @CherylLaus

Check if you have the Rule value as MATCH for the SYNCDETAILS rule?. If you have it, remove it and load the file again and unpack to see which column was not mapped properly.

Cheers!

Damith

Badge +1

I found out the issue was the utility creating the file puts double quotes around the fields in the header line - as I would expect since it’s just a csv file.

It appears the SYNCDETAILS does not remove the column embrace around the header fields like it does the data fields. I had to manually “correct” the header line and it worked once the double quotes were removed.

So we’ve decided not to use SYNCDETAILS and go with the sequencing of fields instead.