Question

Data Migration Manager unable to map new target table

Badge +3

Using DMM, I have setup a migration object for Customers.  I’ve added all the target tables and performed some of the mappings.  I then realized I forgot a specific target table, so I created it and added it to the Migration Object.  You can then go to Mapping where you can add it to Legacy Tables With Locked Loads no problem.  However, when you go to mapping detail, it never shows up in the list of target tables.  I always have to create a new migration object separately to do the mapping and migration of this.  Anyone else run into this?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @kziese 

I suppose you set the target table in the tab target table scope (project basic data) in scope, also the target table for the migration object in the tab migration object scope (project basic data) in scope and you created the target table definition for that specific target table. The target table type for that specific target table must also have a value, Master Data or Transactional Data.

Afterwards go to the Mapping and I suppose this is the missing piece you have to perform a “Resync Mapping Target Fields” and then your specific target table must also be available for the mapping.

I just tried this out and it worked in an IFS Cloud 23R1 environment

/Jens

Badge +3

Yes sir, that did it.  Thank you very much.