Question

Commercient SYNC Integrates with IFS And Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM ?

• 2 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello the community,

A customer is looking for a tool to integrate Ifs with MS Dynamics 365 CRM.

He found this tool “Commercient” (https://www.commercient.com/product/sync-integration-for-ifs-and-microsoft-dynamics-365-crm/#tab-id-4)

Any advice/experience is welcome :-)

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@XAIVFR I have serious doubt about the sync with IFS Cloud version, as the database is not always on premise. It seems to be a direct connection to the database as it mentioned on the page (via the link you gave) speaks about Oracle-10G. But, hey, I'm not a reseller of Commercient, so I might be totally wrong here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@XAIVFR I assume (altough I haven’t seen this specified anywhere on their site) that this D365 ↔ IFS integration would work via REST API calls. I doubt that Microsoft will allow direct DB connection to some 3rd party integration tool. IFS Cloud hosted in the Azure tenant of IFS, will also not allow for such a DB to DB connection. So, I guess the only way they could do this integration would be via REST API.

In such case, probably the integration will work seamlessly.

Anyways, why aren’t you considering Boomi? I know they have out of the box connector with D365 and IFS (10 and Cloud). And you can build other integrations with other business systems if needed. From what I read Commercient seems to provide D365 and IFS integration only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@Marcel.Ausan you are right about the Rest API calls to be used. I noticed that some customers either want their earlier selected platform for integration purposes and/or the license price is higher than expected. A niche solution might help in such a situation, but I agree that a platform that can support multiple functional areas is far better than extending the existing landscape with yet another type of integration.