Solved

Wrong price order calculation on IFS

• 23 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Is there an IFS expert who could give an idea how to diagnose the cause of this wrong calculation on my invoice order. The right price order are in red. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Andryis 24 November 2021, 12:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Andryis ,

Check the Unit Price as this could be caused by the rounding off. Increase the number of decimals display in the Application and check whether Unit/Price has value with more than 2 decimals. You can either increase the Decimal visibility or in the Price Source.

You can increase the No of Decimals from Regional Settings available in Option menu.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @AkilaR 

The decimal is coming from a foreign money conversion. It is shown as two decimals but in reality it’s used as a value with 4 or more decimals. So, do you think it’s possible to truncate the unit price into 2 decimals with IFS?

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Andryis ,

According to my knowledge it is not possible to truncate the decimal when calculating the total as Calculation happening with in the Standard DB code. And round off for totals are coming after the calculation  only, which means calculation is done with whatever the decimal places available in Unit/Price and round off the result. 

I believe this is the correct calculation method to get the correct total. May I know what is the purpose you want to change the calculation?

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@AkilaR 

I just need to clear the boss mindset that he doesn’t need to change anything.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @Andryis ,

Since your requirement is only to display the amount, you can create a custom field which will shoe the Total without rounding off issue. And then hide the standard column if required. However, CO grand total will be based on the standard calculation.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@AkilaR

The boss shows to me at the last line order that 1 euro lost per unit is a loss unacceptable for his provider. In some line order we purchase 1000 qties. The solution you suggest is a good one.