Question

Transfer stock

• 22 March 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We recently went live. I have a problem with a part, the UOM was set up incorrectly. This part is currently in stock, and has being transacted. I need to:

• create a new part with the correct UOM 
  • transfer the inventory from the incorrectly created part to the new part
  • and finally deal with the incorrectly created part, i.e. make it obsolete or phase out, what ever the correct process is. 

What I need is a clear process to do this. 

Can anyone help?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28
  • Create a financial project that is tied to the inventory account and any other code part values required for your financial setup.  You may need finance input for this. 
  • Issue the parts in inventory under the old part number to the project using “Issue Inventory Part”
  • Receive the parts into inventory under the new part number using the same project using “Receive Inventory Part”
  • For the incorrect part, find any sales parts and set them to Inactive, point to the new one using the Replacement Part function.
  • For the incorrect part, find any inventory parts and set the part status to Do not use/stock setting (this would have needed basic data setup beforehand)

Optional steps that are a bit redundant if the inventory part status does not allow supplies, demand or stocking.

• For the incorrect part, find any supplier for purchase parts (if applicable) and set to inactive
  • For the incorrect part, find any product structures (if applicable) and set to Obsolete

That is about as locked as you can get by doing all of those things since you can’t delete anything.