Question

Transfer of Order Code from req to PO header

• 9 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 8 replies

When handling purchase reqs generated by Purchase Order Dir sourcing, how do you transfer the order code ( 2  ) from the req to a purchase order?  I want a header level indication a purchase order is a drop shipment.  I’m stuck.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Do you need to change the order code?

It is not possible when a purchase requisition is created from a customer order (when supply code is Purch Dir or Purch Trans). The Direct Delivery code is used if the purchased parts are delivered directly from the external supplier to your customer. 

When you created a PO from that PR, the order code would be 1 (Normal). This is the order code that is used if the purchased parts are ordered from an external supplier and then delivered  directly to your customer. 

There is no Order code: 2 in purchase orders.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thank you, Anushka.

I appreciate your help.  I’m disappointed this is not as useful as it could be. It makes me wonder why there is a order code 2 at all.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Please refer below explanation from the RnD for the same issue you have raised. It was available in knowledge bank.

“The order code two (2) has been removed and is no longer used for purchase orders since IFS
Applications 2004-1. In 2004-1 we only use four different order codes on the purchase order. Order Code:
This field displays the order code. There are 4 possible order codes in the header: · Normal (1) ·
Inter-Site (4) · Express (5) · External Service Order (6)   The Normal code is used if the purchased
parts are ordered from an external supplier.  The line items might be delivered to your company or they
may be shipped directly to your customer.   The Inter-Site code is used if the purchased parts are
ordered from an internal supplier (a different site).  The line items might be delivered to your company
or shipped directly to your customer.   Express orders differ from normal orders in the way that they
are handled by the system. When a purchase requisition with the order code Express is authorized, it
is automatically converted into a purchase order, which, in turn, is automatically released and printed.
The External Service Order code is used when parts should be sent to the external supplier for repair
or overhaul.”