Question

Track my shipping parts.

• 14 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, I am using IFS 10 PRODUCTION and i have a question how can i implement a way to track my Shippments, I mean track and when how it was shipped and when/how it was receive. I try to found information with a kind of guide but i don’t found it. I hope you can help me.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Roany,

In “Shipments” window you can find an overview of all shipments.

Thank you!

Regards,

Sanduni Ranaweera.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HELLO, 

I see it but I mean there is a kind of guide or something to know the steps in how to create a way to track my shippings. I am new on these, I hope you could help me beacause I'm struggling how to create or implement this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

No, there isn’t a guide that I’m aware of and you would need the Freight Tracking module installed to do any of the work automatically.  Shipment is another method as mentioned, but this is an additional step to perform on any customer order, not a required status.  So if you don’t do or use Shipments, you won’t find info there.

All the things you mentioned will most likely require custom fields and manual updates of the information unless you use one dedicated logistics or shipping company that has an interface to IFS.  

I don’t believe you’ll find anything out of the box to do what you want or a guide to best practices.  For this reason, there are many third party companies that offer this as an add on module or service.

You can also search for ‘freight’ or ‘freight interface’ on this forum for more posts on the subject.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi  everyone, 

I read what you told me about freight info and you are right, i need to add this first. I am using now shipments but could you help me with the steps or how can I implement this in a way that i could track my shipments. You told me that there is a way in shipments buy could tell me how can i do it with little steps or something that i can make my mind clear. Please