Question

Supply-demand algorithm change

• 27 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello IFS users , 

Using IFS 9 over here and I have the following issue which causes increase of manual operations and loss of time.When generating purchase requisition lines the IFS projects the demand(it's planned arrival date) just a day before we get to the critical minimum (current stock level).That causes the need of manual change of the desired delivery date for thousands of purchase requisition lines to a date let's say….2 or 3 weeks earlier than the IFS suggested date.Creating safety stock or setting up inspection time or any other does not change the requisitions that IFS suggests.

Is there any option that allows you to change the IFS algorithm of generating requisitions….For example to generate the desired arrival date 2 weeks before the critical minimum reach or maybe setup minimum required stock level? 

Thanks in advance for helping the newbie.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Have you checked the possibility of Time Phased Safety Stocks?

I am not sure whether I understood your requirement correctly. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello Vimukhti , 

First of all thank you for your answer.I believe the problem is not related to any safety stock option.

The situation is the following.When we receive new PO from a client we import it.Based on the MRP demand planned the IFS generates requisitions.But each delivery date for each requisiton is generated just a day before the MRP demand planned date.On the other hand the planned demand drains our current stock to the critical minimum.And of course we cannot afford the risk of having a delivery date for the supply just a day before the current stock ends.So every time we have to move the requisitions (manually by) 2 weeks so that they are not set for delivery just a day before the MRP demand planned drains the stock.

Here is an example of an item that is not manually set.You can see how the IFS requires the delivery just a day before we get to the critical minimum of the current stock.So is there an option IFS to generate automatically the requisitions ….let's say at a current stock level that is not near the critical minimum?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

This may not be what you’re looking for but isn't it the Latest Order Date on the req that calculates when you need to have ordered the part by in order to meet the wanted delivery date?   “Wanted Date” assumes you need the part the day before the demand date to give you a day to ship out … I think!

“Latest Order Date
The latest date by which the order has to be placed to achieve the planned receipt date. The earlier date suggested either from delivery route or lead times is considered. Number of days before route day and stop time for order placement are considered from the delivery route. Internal inspection time and manufacturing lead time from the supplier for the purchase part record (if exists), external transport lead time, transport lead time and internal transport lead time from the supply chain matrix are considered as lead times. The lead time is calculated in working days according to the calendars used.”

If you search in the online help for “Date on the Purchase Order Line” there’s some fairly extensive information about how dates are calculated (applicable to reqs too).

LInda

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I haven’t tried it, but have you checked the Internal Transport Leadtime in Supply Chain Matrix for Supplier. If you add say 14 days there, the system might plan to bring the goods in earlier.