Supplier Reliability - Planned Delivery Date

• 12 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 553 replies

Community,

do you have experience when on Purchase Order, “Planned Arrival Date” differs from “Planned Delivery Date”, which means, according to delivery term, supplier is delivered the goods to the designated location, this date is “Planned Delivery Date”, then we need to send a carrier to pick it up, when the date arrives at our dock, this date is “Planned Arrival Date”.

I can understand how IFS register “Planned Arrival Date” in the system, i.e. via Register Arrival screen, but how about “Planned Delivery Date”? How system capture “Planned Delivery Date” when “Planned Delivery Date” is different from “Planned Arrival Date”?  I do believe, supplier reliability is taking “Planned Delivery Date” into account.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ronhu, please see below how “Planned Arrival Date” and “Planned Delivery Date” is calculated in IFS:

• Planned Arrival Date = (Planned Receipt Date -Internal Inspection Time - Internal transport Lead Time)  

• Planned Delivery Date = (Planned Arrival Date - Transport Lead Time)  

Here, “Transport Lead Time” which is used to calculate the Planned Delivery Date is the time taken to transport the goods from the agreed delivery location (which might be sometimes bit away from our warehouse) to our dock i.e. arrival location in the warehouse. This value is entered in the Supply Chain Matrix for Supplier.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna Thank you for your input.

I think my question is, how system capture the “Planned Delivery Date” as a supplier reliability criteria?

It is straight forward that “Planned Arrival Date” can be captured by the system via “Register Arrival” window, but how about “Planned Delivery Date”?

If “Planned Delivery Date” is a key performance index in supplier reliability calculation, how system capture this date? I think this is my question. The supplier can deliver late 1-2 days per “Planned Delivery Date”, but the goods can be arrived at our dock in time per “Planned Arrival Date”.

My best guess is, if the goods can be arrived in time per “Planned Arrival Date”, system will treat the supplier performs well. in most cases, “Planned Arrival Date” = “Planned Delivery Date”.

Thank you.

Badge

Ron,

I have been searching for the same.

Ultimately, I had to conclude that there is no way in IFS to capture the Supplier Delivery Date if it is different from the Arrival Date.

I think this warrants am enhancement request.

Regards,

Gunther