Question

Supplier contracts

• 13 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We are on Apps8 and we would like to manage through IFS, supplier contracts like cell phone contracts, electricity contracts, contracts with universities… 

The need is basic as we want to be able to identify contracts per supplier but also to manage the deadline of the contracts.

All these partners are codified as a supplier. 

Is the sub contract menu appropriate for that kind of contract or are there alternatives to do so ?

Thanks for your help

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Carole,

You're able to handle the supplier contracts via the ‘Supplier Agreement’ functionality. Within this functionality you'll be able to set the price for a certain period. When using the Supplier Agreement you'll have two option; Blanket Order or Agreement.

When using the Agreement option, the price of the agreement will automatically be fetched when creating a Purchase Order.

When using the Blanket Order, you'll be able to create a Purchase Order via the ‘Create Agreement Release’ page. Using this page, a Purchase Order with all details (like supplier and part no.) in place.

In the ‘Supplier Agreements’ page, you'll be able to create an overview of all existing agreements, and filter for the experation dates or review dates.

Without knowing any datails of your company, I would recommend using the Agreement option. Then you will be able to create a Purchase Order and add lines for every Invoice. For instance the cell phone contracts; you can set the agreement, create a Purchase Order, and for every month you can create a new line, receive and close it, so the Invoice can be matched.

I Hope this answers your question. If you need more detailled information, please let me know.

BR, Stan

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Stan Gruijters 

Thanks for your quick answer and your help.

We are already using supplier agreement with the option “agreement” for purchase orders on purchase parts.

For information, we are an industry which manufactures electrical connectors.

What we would like to implement in IFS is the management of our non-production contracts like electricity, water… on which there is no part. 

Hope my need is clearer :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Carole 

Thank you for making it more specific.

As far I know, it isn't possible to handle agreements or contracts on so called ‘no-parts’.

Have you concidered implement these non-production-related parts as ‘non-inventory purchase parts’ in IFS? Or isn't that an option for you?

Please let me know!

BR, Stan 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Stan Gruijters 

To tell you the truth, that is not an option for us.

Are you aware about sub contracts ? I insist on using this menu because the concept of part does not exist in it. But maybe I am going wrong. 

Thanks

Carole

Badge +3

Is it possible to create the purchase order from the contract but it request authorization to release, because I did a test and created already released? Thank you

Badge +3

Hi Carole,

You're able to handle the supplier contracts via the ‘Supplier Agreement’ functionality. Within this functionality you'll be able to set the price for a certain period. When using the Supplier Agreement you'll have two option; Blanket Order or Agreement.

When using the Agreement option, the price of the agreement will automatically be fetched when creating a Purchase Order.

When using the Blanket Order, you'll be able to create a Purchase Order via the ‘Create Agreement Release’ page. Using this page, a Purchase Order with all details (like supplier and part no.) in place.

In the ‘Supplier Agreements’ page, you'll be able to create an overview of all existing agreements, and filter for the experation dates or review dates.

Without knowing any datails of your company, I would recommend using the Agreement option. Then you will be able to create a Purchase Order and add lines for every Invoice. For instance the cell phone contracts; you can set the agreement, create a Purchase Order, and for every month you can create a new line, receive and close it, so the Invoice can be matched.

I Hope this answers your question. If you need more detailled information, please let me know.

Is it possible to create the purchase order from the contract but it request authorization to release, because I did a test and created already released? Thank you