Question

Specifying Quantities and Lots to Receive on Handling Units

• 11 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

When performing purchase order receiving, is there a way to specify exactly what lot numbers are to be received on which handling units in a specific quantity? For example, is there a way to specify that 500 pieces of lot A and 400 piece of lot B should be received in handling unit 1 and 800 pieces of lot C should be received in handling unit 2.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @BOACMCCUTCH , you can enter this information in Receive dialog box upon receiving the part from PO. But there is no way currently in the application to automate this as I know. Thanks.

Badge +2

Hi Ravinatha,

@Ravinatha Ariyarathna 

I do not see a way to enter this information in the receive dialogue box. I am able to enter multiple lot batches, but I am not able to enter anything in the Handling Unit ID. Is there a way to enter the handling unit so that I can specify what lot batch and quantity belongs to each handling unit? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @BOACMCCUTCH , you cannot enter a HU id in this field because HU id will be a system generated one there. 

You should connect your part to a HU Type and set a maximum capacity in Parts per Handling Unit window.

And then you may enter the HU Type ID in the Receive with Serials/Lots dialog box. Then system will pack the parts automatically according to the capacity you have set previously.  

However it is not possible to receive different lot batches to different HUs as you need. I believe that is a limitation in the system.

The workaround for this will be to receive all the parts in to one inventory location and then pack different lot batches to HUs manually as you want (from Handling Unit window).

Thank you.