Setting up different UOP and UOI

• 10 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 11 replies

Hi All,

We currently purchase an item by the CTN but would like to issue it by EA.

1 CTN = 4 EA

Can you please tell me which fields I need to populate to make this conversion work?

Do I use the “Supplier for Purchase Part” or multiple other transactions?

example below.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 10 March 2021, 16:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

First define your new conversion in Units of Measure window. Then you can use that UoM in inventory part and supplier of purchase part as you highlighted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Yes, you have it right, set it up on the S f P P first then when it is applied to a purchase order, you should see the detail like this.

Package Price

Inventory Conversion
Inventory Cost Conversion

When the SfPP is setup correctly and used on the PO, inventory will be incremented by the Inventory UoM while Inventory Cost will be maintained at the inventory cost value, not the purchase price of the package.  You should see the cost as a portion of the purchase price according to the number of units purchased.  No need to change anything on the inventory part itself for this to be accomplished.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Yes, you have it right, set it up on the S f P P first then when it is applied to a purchase order, you should see the detail like this.

Package Price

Inventory Conversion
Inventory Cost Conversion

When the SfPP is setup correctly and used on the PO, inventory will be incremented by the Inventory UoM while Inventory Cost will be maintained at the inventory cost value, not the purchase price of the package.  You should see the cost as a portion of the purchase price according to the number of units purchased.  No need to change anything on the inventory part itself for this to be accomplished.

Hi ShawnBerk,

Are you able to post a picture of the SFPP for the item above so I can see all the fields and how all the conversions are set up? Happy for you to blank somethings out if the info is sensitive.

I just want to make sure all the fields are set correctly.

Learning on the run in a new job so IFS is all new to me

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Sure, no problem, I picked this part because it is off the shelf.