Question

Seeking confirmation that Route Planning works for Day of Week and not Day of Month

• 8 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Seeking confirmation that Route Planning works for Day of Week and not Day of Month

Admitting that I’ve never used Delivery Route functionality and now have a need to set up day of the month shipping day for Customer Orders.  I can see that a route to set the delivery date to a particular day of the week is supported but wondered if there were some configuration tricks to allow eliminating weeks of the month from the shipment scheduling.

We don’t have a Customer Schedule to release against, orders just appear during the month (usually on the same day of the week) and we want to try consolidating deliveries to once a month (basically ignoring the customer’s request date and moving them to once a month on the same day (e.g. third Thursday). 

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Tom,

I wonder if using the “Customer Calendar” capability might solve your requirement.  You could define a customer specific calendar (e.g. third Thursday of each month) then set the calendar in the Customer master, Address tab, Order Address Info tab.