Solved

Sales Price Lists

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have a customer that needs to have 2 price lists attached to them with the same parts associated with those price lists because the price of one is setup as OEM price and the other list is for wholesale price. How can I have 2 price lists setup for the same customer using the same sales parts different prices?

Since I cannot add 2 pricelist per price group in the customer under the order tab using the same sales price group of ‘*’. It tells me the customer already has a price list setup already. Looking for ideas of how I can do this so the customer can still due sales based on how they are ordering the parts.

I tried it with the customer price group also, setup the group as the customer # and tried to add the 2 price lists there and it gives me the same error there also ‘The Sales Price Group object already exists.’ which it does because the first one is ‘*’ and so is the 2nd price list.

icon

Best answer by ashwanikumar 27 April 2022, 13:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you tried two price lists each with their own sales price group?  It works fine that way in V9.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@LMWCBACH Create a new sale part no. with the same inventory part in sale part and also Update sale price group form * to #(or any other), After Create a new sale price list with # sale price group. Now connect Both price list of sale price group * and # at customer order.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Just a question about the * to #. Not sure what the * represents other than a top level price group instead of giving it a specific name or number. 

I am new to the price lists and so I am not familiar with all the setups that have been done already.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

‘*’ is used throughout IFS as a default or the base for a field that requires entry but doesn’t have a value.

It actually isn’t meant to represent anything, more like nothing, but when something is required if that makes sense.  I have no idea why ‘*’ and ‘#’ would be used as the actual ID for an object, that doesn’t really follow any logic.

Badge +1

In app9 its possible to link two price lists for same sales price group if one price list is via the customer price group and one directly under the customer (price list per price Group) - the one under the customer will win in automatic price retrieval on customer order. Alternatively make on price list a customer agreement as source in stead of the price list