Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Kindly let me know, how we can get the RMA stopped at Received Status

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is working as designed.  Please read below from R&D:

I investigated the issue regarding "No Received status for RMA". But this is not a bug. With the restructuring of RMA from App8 to App9, RMA status Received was removed.

Prior to APP9, there was a single RMB called "Receive, Scrap and Return into Inventory" where the user needs to enter quantities in the upper part of the dialog box, click OK and then again come back to enter quantities to scrap or return into inventory. When the user enters quantities in the upper part of the dialog box, RMA goes to Received status. Thereafter when the scrap or return into inventory qty is entered, the RMA goes to either Partially received or Return completed status. Therefore, Received status was an intermediate status in this process. At the time of development, based on the customer requirements, RnD has removed the Received status. Since there is no way of tracking parts(because the parts are not received into an inventory location) and user needs to enter quantities twice in order return parts(first in the upper part and then in the lower part). Therefore, now when the user receive/scrap partial quantity RMA goes to Partially received status and when the user receive/scrap full quantity, RMA goes to Return completed status.

But still there is a limitation in the system where users cannot move returned parts into arrival or QA location before receiving into picking location. You will notice that in the location LOV only picking locations are available. Enabling to receive into QA/arrival locations is a new development and will be done in a future release. Please refer below idea wall request regarding the same. https://ideawall.ifsworld.com/ideas/5b7050744c9f771cf26b1f2d

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Thank you very much for the reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Also Bug ID# 132692 was created to fix the Help Documentation.  The bug removes the ‘Received’ status from the help documentation.  The bug is not included in any update for IFS version APP9.  

If my response answers your question, be sure to mark it as Best Answer. Knowing what worked for you could greatly help another members of the IFS Community. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi ,

Thanks for the information. You know why this is not still corrected in APP10?

BR

Champika

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You are correct, R&D must have fixed in APP9, but did not in APP10.  This needs to be submitted to R&D again. Are you able to create a Support case?  If not are you reporting this for a specific IFS customer? 

If you can create a support case, please send me the case number.  If not, please let me know if there is a customer, I can create a case for.